Do you produce printed participant workbooks, facilitator guides or seminar manuals for instructor-led courses or continuing education training?
If so, I’m sure you also have a strategy to move some of your printed training content to an online platform.
Some reasons leaders and innovators in the training industry are moving content online are to:
- Reduce distribution costs of printed materials
- Cost effectively distribute to an international audience
- Keep up with evolving technology(eReaders, smartphones, etc.) that makes print look boring and dated
If your reason for taking training content online is because it’s sexier than print, you might be interested in reading about some new print technology.
Print and LED Lights?
PC World recently published an article about how Swedish scientists have applied white LED lights to a printed sheet of paper. This means your printed training manuals could have the same LED lights as that Chevy Camero you see driving down the freeway. Yes, LED lights in paper!
This is achieved by applying nanothreads of zinc oxide to a thin layer of polydiethylflourene (a conducting polymer). Scientists indicate their white LEDs would be applied to any sheet of paper through a powder-based process.
While this print technology is not ready to make a mainstream debut, scientists are currently seeking a patent for the printing process.
3 Ways to Incorporate LED Lights in Printed Training Materials
Whether you’re an advocate of print or online technology, these new advancements sure make the future exciting. Just think of some of the changes this new LED print technology could provide for some of your participant handbooks or facilitator guides?
- Company Brochures. Use LED lights in your marketing brochures to really “shed light” on your brand and make it stand out.
- Participant Certificates. Use LED lights to make world-class certificates of completion your participants are proud to hang in their office. No spotlight needed!
- Corporate Advertising. Allow corporate sponsors to advertise in your participant workbooks to help offset the cost of print and distribution of your course materials. Imagine the sexy attractiveness of an ad with LED lights.
If you have any ideas or would like to share links to other cool topics, please leave a comment below.