Our 2020 State of the Conference Industry Report is now available!
2020 marks the start of a new era, which, according to this year’s report, will bring new challenges and opportunities for meeting professionals.
For the past six years, Omnipress has conducted an online survey of over 100 association professionals and meeting planners to track the evolution of educational content and the changing role it plays at the annual conference and beyond. The results have been compiled, analyzed, and published in our 2020 State of the Conference Industry Report.
Is Major Change on the Horizon for Meeting Professionals?
When looking at the data year over year, we typically see a slow and steady progression of change as associations begin to carefully implement and test the strategies that have been points of industry discussion for several years. And while this year is no different, we are seeing indications that we could be on the brink of a major shift in the role of the conference, and of conference content, that could fundamentally shape the future of meetings.
Here is a sampling of current and emerging trends to watch in the coming year, as discussed in the report:
- Even tighter integration between peer connections and learning as part of the conference format
- Increased emphasis on attracting new audiences from outside the core member base
- Increased recognition of the conference as more than just a one-time-per-year event
- Organizations allocating more time and resources towards re-using existing educational content for more than event marketing
- More urgency around the need to not only attract young professionals, but to engage them as part of the content creation process
How does your organization compare to your peers? Are you experiencing the same challenges or thinking about the same opportunities? We encourage you to use this report—and the questions posed—as a discussion guide to help you leverage your greatest asset—educational content—to advance your mission.
Download the report to read the full results. And please share it with your colleagues!