Print Press & Bindery Operator – 2nd shift | 1st/2nd Swing Shift
We are currently seeking a full-time Print Press & Bindery Operator to work second shift at our print production facility in Madison.
2nd Shift (Full Time): 3:30 p.m. – 2:00 a.m. Monday-Thursday, Friday & Saturday overtime as needed.
Swing Shift (Full Time): 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday, Friday & Saturday overtime as needed (10-hour shift, can be flexible with start and end time).
Part Time hours are flexible (4-5-hour shift)
TBD, based on experience and qualifications
Full benefits after 60 days of employment include Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental, Life/AD&D Insurance, Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401(k)
The Print Press & Bindery Operator is responsible for producing print and digital products according to specifications and quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation of equipment for printing, finishing and shipping within production standards according to quality, rate of speed and waste.
- Understand and follow instructions and specifications communicated on the job ticket.
- Complete quality control procedures on each project.
- Communicate production schedules, project status updates and project specifications with team members.
- Maintain equipment according to company guidelines.
- Complete training hazardous communications, forklift operations, lockout/tagout and company safety program. Safety regulations must be abided by at all times.
- Communicate ideas, concerns and problems to leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, but is not meant to be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Effective communication, both verbally and written
- Experience with cross-media products, print and digital
- Reading, writing, and calculating
- Interpersonal skills
- Work with minimal supervision
Personal computer, phone, calculator, press and bindery equipment
Light work (lift up to 10 lbs): Frequent – Office equipment and supplies, manuals, books, etc.
Medium work (lift 15-25 lbs): Frequent – Boxes and stacks of manuals, books, etc.
Heavy work (lift 25-50 lbs): Occasional – Pallets
Other physical requirements: standing for long periods of time, up to 10 hours
Omnipress is a drug-free workplace. Applicants being considered for hire must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.