You’ll work as part of the Shared Services team, whose role is to implement customer projects. The Project Technician is responsible for preparing customer-supplied material for final distribution on our online and mobile products. You will also serve as a technical resource to provide product solutions that meet our customers’ needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and plan schedules for customer projects, serving as a liaison between customers and product team.
- Work in a CMS, create HTML interfaces, HTML pages and updating CSS to create linking indexes using customer supplied content for online and mobile distribution and output to CD, DVD & USB.
- Review and tests all work during the site implementation cycle.
- Communicate with Project Manager to:
- Ensure that changes in project specifications are clearly understood.
- Provide suggestions, when appropriate, on ways to enhance the customer’s project.
- Meet productivity standards; continuously strives to increase productivity.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, but is not meant to be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with a CMS (e.g. WordPress, Drupal)
- Fluent with graphic/photo editing software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Working Knowledge of Grep
- Demonstrated curiosity for technology – working with it in and out of work settings
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technology
- Ability to self-teach
- Familiarity with regular expressions
- Familiarity with CSS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Material-Design-Lite)
- Familiarity with both Windows and MAC environments
- Familiarity with SEO and analytics
- HTML 5 Experience
- XML Experience
- Familiarity with Jquery
- Knowledge of Apps
- Adobe Acrobat/Plug-ins/Batch processes
- eBooks (.epub,.mobi)
- Reading, writing, and calculating
- Interpersonal skills
- Work with minimal supervision
- Creative design skills
Personal computer, phone, calculator, Microsoft Office Suite, Product development software
Light work (lift 10 lbs): Occasional – Office equipment and supplies